Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane....

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

It's finally here! Thank you so much to the Teitelbaum's, the Baldwin's, Jack and his parents from church at Vintage, to Liz, Meredith, Grace, Anna, Phoenix, Grandma/Grandpa Miles, Lauren and Robert Hance, Beth and Joby Lucca, Dianne Weber, and Kirt for helping me by either donating their time, money, or clothes/toys for me to bring over to Africa! Below are pictures of all that I will be bringing over because you gave!!

After putting this all in suitcases I had two large suitcases full of stuff for the kids!


Close ups on the suitcase and other items! We were able to get everything from shirts to pants, sweatshirts, to batteries and glow sticks to jewelry!


And now here are the details of my trip! I am leaving on a 7pm flight to Atlanta and then from there heading to Amsterdam where I will have a nice 8 hr layover then fly to Nairobi, Kenya arriving this Friday, August 24th at 6:25am where I will be greeted by Lauren and David in the van. We will then drive a little over 2 hours to the BELWOP orphanage where I will get to meet Veronica and all the kids!! And of course please be praying for safe travels!

THANK YOU so much to those of you that gave financially online on indiegogo.com! There will be pictures to come of where your dollars are going! I will be trying to blog about 3-4 times while I am away so be sure to check for updates.

Lastly, I just want to say thank you to the Vintage and Harbor Church Communities for supporting me in prayer and helping me prepare for this trip!

Love ya'll and see ya when I return!

Heidi Smiles



1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Take care and be safe please!

    ReplyDelete